Japanese religions: past and present / by Ian Reader ; with Esben Andreasen, Finn Stefánsson
By: Reader, Ian.
Contributor(s): Andreasen, Esben | Stefánsson, Finn.Material type: TextPublisher: Folkstone, Kent Japan Library 1993Edition: [Ny uppl.].Description: 189 s. ill.ISBN: 1873410018; 1-873410-00-X.Subject(s): Östasien | Östasiatiska religioner | Religionshistoria | Religion | Japansk religion | JapanOther classification: Cm | Cmbc
|Item type||Current location||Home library||Collection||Call number||Status||Notes||Date due||Barcode||Item holds|
Enhanced descriptions from Syndetics:
Each of the eight chapters deals with a specific topic, such as Shinto, Buddhism, the new religions, and Christianity; there is an introduction that outlines the subject to be considered followed by a series of readings.
Table of contents provided by Syndetics
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Early Historical Developments - introduction to the teachings of Shinto, Buddhism, and Confucianism
- 3 The Early Modern Period - introduction of Christianity, closure of the country, and the fate of the various religious groups
- 4 Nineteenth and Twentieth Centuries
- 5 Contemporary Religious Practices
- 6 Japanese Religions in the New Millennium
- Timeline and map
- Pronunciation Guide List of Major Holidays and Festivals
- Suggestions for Further Reading